Simple and creamy hand-rolled cannelloni.
Gluten Free / Vegan
2 Fresh tomatoes
5-6 Cherry tomatoes
1 bay leaf
1 pinch of fresh chili or dried cayenne.
1 pinch of smoked paprika powder
1 drop of red wine vinegar / Sherry vinegar
1/2 scallion, finely diced
1 clove garlic, minced
Salt and pepper
Spinach tofu filling
1 bunch spinach, washed or frozen spinach
1 pack dry roasted cashew nuts
1 pack silky tofu
1 pinch of fresh grated nutmeg
1 pinch white pepper
Squeeze of lemon and lemon zest
Gafell Lasagna Sheets from Soybeans
- Fry up the diced tomatoes with garlic and scallion in a large saucepan and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Fry the spinach in a dry pan for 10 minutes together with some scallions.
- Blend roasted cashews until fine, add tofu, spinach and spice with freshly grated nutmeg.
- Soak lasagna sheets for 1 minute in hot water.
- Add a spoonful of spinach filling into each sheet and roll into cylinders (roll using from the long side for slimmer cannelloni, roll from width for thicker roll (may have to cut of the ends to adjust.)
- Place the stuffed cannelloni in a single layer in an oiled baking dish. Top with the prepared tomato sauce and cover with foil. Bake at 180C for 20 minutes.